Intravenously. Doses are based upon imipenem methenolone enanthate.
Calculation of the total “daily dozyimipenema + cilastatin should be based on the degree, severity of the infection and distributed on several stages in equal doses according to the degree of sensitivity of pathogen, kidney function, and body weight.
Dosing scheme for adult patients with normal kidney: The doses listed in table 1 were calculated for patients with normal renal function (creatinine clearance of 70 mL / min / 1.73 m2) and weighing> 70 kg for patients with a creatinine clearance of <_ 70 ml / min / 1.. 73 m2 (see. table 2) and / or weighing less than 70 kg (see. table 3) reduction in dose necessary. It is especially important in reduction of the dose to the dependence of the body weight in patients with significantly lower body weight 70 kg and / or has a moderate to severe renal insufficiency. The average methenolone enanthate daily dose is 1-2 g imipenem, divided into 3-4 doses (see. table 1). for the treatment of moderate infections preparation may also be used in a dose of 1 g twice . day in the case of infections caused by less sensitive organisms, the daily dose for intravenous infusion can be increased to a maximum of – 4 g (imipenem) per day or 50 mg / kg per day, depending on whether the dose is smaller. Uncomplicated infection urinary paths 250 mg every 6 hours (total daily dose of 1 g). Complicated urinary tract infection is 500 mg every 6 hours (total daily dose of 2 g). Imipenem dose of less than or equal to 500 mg should be administered intravenously over 20-30 minutes. A dose above 500 mg should be administered intravenously over 40-60 minutes. Patients who have nausea, you should slow down the rate of administration of the drug at the time of infusion.
In patients with a body weight less than 70 kg should be further proportional reduction of doses
total daily dose should not exceed 50 mg / kg or 4 g (imipenem) / day. Dosage scheme for adult patients with impaired renal function: In order to correct the dose methenolone enanthate in the treatment of adult patients with impaired renal function should:
- Based on the characteristics of the infection, selected from Table 1, the total daily dose.
- From Table 2, choose the appropriate dose reduced, based on the daily dose (Table 1) and the patient’s creatinine clearance (to calculate the infusion time, see section “Treatment: The dosing regimen for adult patients with normal renal function.”).
- For patients weighing less than 70 kg Table 3 pick the appropriate dose reduced, based on the daily dose (Table 1) and the patient’s creatinine clearance.
- At a dose of 500 mg in patients with creatinine clearance of 6-20 ml / min / 1.73 m 2 may increase the risk of seizures.
The drug should not be administered intravenously to patients with creatinine clearance less than 5 ml / min / 1.73 m 2 with the exception of in cases where no later than 48 hours after infusion of imipenem will be hemodialysis.
when treating patients with creatinine clearance less than 5 ml / min / 1.73 m 2 , on hemodialysis, should apply the recommendations on dosage regimen for patients with imipenem creatinine clearance of 6-20 ml / min / 1.73 m 2 . Like imipenem and tsilaetatin displayed during hemodialysis. In connection with this imipenem + cilastatin for intravenous infusion should be administered after hemodialysis patients and then at 12-hour intervals from the time the procedure is completed. For patients on hemodialysis, especially if they have a disease of the central nervous system, should be closely monitored.
- Prevention:. Dosing methenolone enanthate regimen for adult patients should be administered at a dose of 1 g at the opening to prevent postoperative infections in adults imipenem + cilastatin intravenous infusion anesthesia and then 1 g in three hours. In the case of intervention .hirurgicheskogo .Enclosure high risk should be given two additional dose of 500 mg after 8 and 16 hours after induction of anesthesia. Dosing regimen for children from 3 months of age: The following dosing regimen is recommended for children: